The Chargers released their first injury report for Week 13.
Rookie running back Omarion Hampton returned to the practice field on Wednesday, but was limited due to an ankle injury.
Hampton has been dealing with a left ankle fracture that he sustained in week 5 against the Washington Commanders.
The injury was previously undisclosed, landed Hampton on injured reserve, and he hasn’t played since.
“It hurt kind of,” Hampton said after talking to the media on Wednesday after practice.
Omarion Hampton also said after Wednesday’s team practice that he wants to help contribute to the team in any way possible.
“So it’s going to feel good to help my team out a little bit more.”
The Chargers took Omarion Hampton with the No. 22 pick of the NFL draft back in April, and hoped that he and veteran running back Najee Harris could form the team’s rushing offense that head Coach Jim Harbaugh envisioned.
With Hampton this season, the team has been solid on the ground game whenever he gets the ball for the Chargers in weeks 3 through 5. Hampton caught 17 passes from Herbert this season before he got injured. Hampton was also third in the NFL this season in yards from scrimmage (364) over that span. Since his injury, the Chargers have had to rely on Najee Harris and Kimani Vidal.
The Chargers have until Saturday to activate Hampton from the Injury Reserve.
The post Omarion Hampton Returns to Practice appeared first on Los Angeles Sports Nation.

